Fallasburg Park north of Lowell provides trail and road sections that connect miles of trails. The park and trails can be accessed from the main parking lot or the Covered Bridge Rd parking lot which is closer to the trail entrance. The trail system connects to the North Country Trail (NCT) which provides endless miles of trial and road running.. You’ll find this single-track and road combination provides a great running experience.
The Main Loop:
- Click here for the official site.
- Click here for the official trail map.
- Click here for driving directions to the parking lot near the Covered Bridge
The Inside Loop:
- The North Country Trail (NCT) runs along a portion of this trail system.
Covered Bridge Parking Lot Fallasburg 10k (6.2 miles, ~636ft elevation gain)
- 0.0 mi: Start at the Covered Bridge Rd Parking lot and head west along the road.
- 0.1 mi: Go left to enter the trail system.
- 0.5 mi: Turn right onto Covered Bridge Rd.
- 0.8 mi: Turn right onto Montcalm Ave.
- 1.9 mi: Turn right to enter the trail (second trail entrance).
- 2.1 mi: Go straight at the fork to remain on the trail.
- 3.0 mi: Turn around when you reach the Flat River parking lot.
- 3.8 mi: Keep left at the fork.
- 4.1 mi: Turn left onto Montcalm Ave.
- 5.0 mi: Cross Covered Bridge Rd and go straight to enter the trail.
- 6.1 mi: Cross the grass field and head towards the parking lot.